Clic para Español

Monday, August 17, 2015

"THE DESIRES OF YOUR HEART"

By: Angela Witt

This is our broody hen, Socks. (Micah named her that because of her feathered legs.) Socks has wanted to hatch eggs for most of the summer. We have done whatever we could to "break" her since we already had enough chickens (and too many roosters!) We would throw her off the nest, collect the eggs, lock her out of the coop, and even put her in isolation. Other hens would push her off of her nest. But no matter what we did, she would gather some eggs together and begin to sit on them. Last weekend I was out of town for a few days. I came home to find Socks contentedly sitting on a clutch of eggs. I didn't have the heart to throw her off this time since I knew I would have to throw the eggs away as well.
I suppose I had compassion on her because once again the Lord began to speak to me. Some of us are like Socks. We have a desire, a dream, a vision inside of us that we long to hatch. People and circumstances try to take that desire from us, to break us of our dream, but it continues to burn in side of us regardless of circumstances.
One of my favorite scriptures is Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart." Amp. If we make our delight in the Lord, and wait patiently on Him, He will enable us to give birth to our dreams and desires.
Happy hatching!




No comments:

Post a Comment