Clic para EspaƱol

Thursday, July 12, 2012

FROM GENERATION TO GENERATION. . .


First of all, I want to express my sincere thanks to all my friends and brethren from the Bethel Norte Church, for all your work in making the night of celebration such a very special event.  I know that all of them are very busy and that they had to make a special effort to plan and execute the tribute they gave me on Tuesday, July 26th, here in Durango.  In reality it was a super special time and we are very thankful.
I was impressed by the number of people who attended.  I had thought that we could have the event in the church´s auditorium, but the pastors decided they would hold it at the Richard  Castro Theater, and they were right.  I was surprised by the number of people who attended and the effort they made also in order to be there on my special day.  We (my first husband, Jerry Witt I, and our two little boys, Jerry and Mark) arrived in Durango on June 26, 1962 and the difference between that day and the day of our celebration is incredible!  God has done a work here in Durango that no-one would have ever been able to predict.  He is faithful. (Some 900 people were present with every evangelical denomination in the city represented.)



Also, I was impressed by the fact that the Governor of the state of Durango, along with his wife and the Mayor of the city of Durango, were present, but more than that they stayed for the entire program which lasted one hour and forty minutes!  They told me later that it had been an enjoyable time for them and that they had been very moved and blessed.
To be able to see my children and my grandchildren doing the music for the program and then sharing the Word of God also was a blessing.  At the end of the program with all the family members who were present, we sang together “To God Be The Glory”.  That was also a very special time.  That experience alone caused me to remember the passage that is found in Deuteronomy 11:18-20:
“Therefore you shall lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul, and bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.  You shall teach them to your children, speaking of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.  And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.”
I know that my children are not perfect but when I saw them along with several of the grandchildren, singing and praising God at that event, I gave thanks to God that my husband, Frank Warren, and I had established in their hearts the importance of the Word of God as their guide for their entire lives.  When they were small and growing up here in Mexico, Frank and I were criticized many times by people who said that they were going to be emotionally messed up, without a good education, without the necessary social contacts for a good life, because of the way we put into their daily lives so much emphasis on the Word of God.  But, that night in that Theater on the 26th of June, 2012, we saw an example of what the Word of God can do in the lives of four generations who have studied, appreciated and loved the principles of the Word of God in every facet of their lives.
I am myself third generation who has  followed Jesus because of the teachings of the Word of God by my grandparents and my parents, and if we include my great-grandchildren, we can say that there are now six generations in one family who have taken the Bible as their living guide and we can see the results of that decision.
“Forever, O Lord, Your word is settled in heaven.  Your faithfulness endures to all generations . . . (Psalm 119:90 NKJ).
TO GOD BE THE GLORY!

No comments:

Post a Comment